Wednesday 13 July 2011

Funny how things turn out…..

ENGEL TUNIC6


Not the way I planned, but lovely all the same I guess!


You may recall, I started making this sometime last year on and off, and decided around February this year to start putting it together and posted it here as a work in progress – and it was, as I was under the impression that I had enough yarn left over with which to knit the last sleeves – that was, until I found that two of the balls of yarn were a completely different dye lot, and so after months of searching, I had to admit defeat and rethink the design of this little tunic – and so here it is, sleeveless, but nevertheless a pretty little number!


The neck is a perfect ‘v’ but is just sitting a little wobbly on the mannequin!


ENGEL TUNIC7


As you can see, it still looks pretty without sleeves and looks really nice with a spoiler top or pretty t-shirt underneath it!


ENGEL TUNIC10


So, as it has no sleeves, I decided to ‘pretty’ up the back of it and added a sweet little crocheted butterfly, in a silvery white yarn……


ENGEL TUNIC4


Pretty indeed…….


ENGEL TUNIC3


The skirt is nice also……


ENGEL TUNIC 2


With sweet little detailing…….


ENGEL TUNIC9


Looks lovely on the mannequin, and I wish it fitted, but sadly (once again, groan!) it’s a little too big for me, so I have to pass on it and have decided to offer it for sale at £75.00 (excl of P&P)


The size runs between a large Odd Molly size 1 and a small size 2.


It took many hours to make, but it was fun, so for me, it was a pure labour of love!


It's offered on a first-come-first-served basis, so if you’re interested. please act soon! Winking smile


Many Thanks for dropping by – have a wonderful evening, wherever you may be!




Stor klem!





Mxx

9 comments:

  1. Kjempe fin den var! Helt nydelig! Ha en fin kveld du også ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love it, and you even added the butterfly! but affaid it Will bee too small :( I'm normally a size two in OM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute !
    I wish it would fit me.
    Pjollret

    ReplyDelete
  4. For en nyyydelig kjole, ingen tvil om at det ligger mye arbeid bak denne!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Salige Lavendel - Det var mye arbeid involvert, men det var et arbeid av kjærlighet til meg og virkelig nøt å gjøre det!

    @ Ekaterina - Takk for din type kommentarer! Håper du har en herlig kveld!

    @ Kristina & Pjollret - Thanks you for your lovely comments! What a shame it wouldn't fit either of you, as you would love it, especially the sweet little butterfly on the back

    Wishing you both a lovely evening also!

    Stor klem til alle sammen!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely Marie - whoever gets it is getting a bargain and will look so beautiful to boot!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej vännen!
    Tror du den skulle passa mig? I am a bit interesetd in this cute item. Please mail me and tell me the total cost incl shipping.
    XOXO
    Odd Molly-holic

    ReplyDelete
  8. At last I can access my comments!

    Thank you dearheart, it really is a pretty piece and took a lot of hours to make, so here's hoping someone likes it!

    Have a wonderful summer break!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there Odd Molly-hollic, long time no speak - hope you're well?

    Will email you later today re: the tunic, sorry for the late reply, but I couldn't access any of my comments here!

    Kram!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete