Friday 12 August 2011

Tonight’s outfit perhaps?…….

ENGENE BLOUSE AND JEANS


Thinking it may well be, as I was due to wear this little lot at my annual summer party the other week, but given just how floaty the sleeves are, I think even I would have had them in everything in the kitchen, so I decided against it – and a wise decision it was too!


I love these sweet little skinny jeans from Italian designers MET, but I wanted to embellish them a little bit more, so I stitched a whole load of diamante buttons and charms on them – not sure how they will wash, so it’s probably a ‘one-off’ wear for them but I can always stitch them back on again!


ENGENE BLOUSE 2


And here it is, my beloved ‘Engene’  (meadows) blouse! It is so very pretty and I loved every second of making this one! The material came from the US and the crocheted lace trim on the bottom was from a wonderful little shop in Lech in Austria. It cost twice as much as the rest of the materials put together, but I think it’s worth it! Smile


ENGENE BLOUSE 4


I threaded some white ribbon through the crocheted lace trim, and the hearts pattern within it makes it look even prettier. The sleeves are so billowy that I love to see them floating around, so as you can see, not one to wear whilst doing anything vaguely domesticated! Winking smile


ENGENE BLOUSE 5


The little tie at the back is a nice detail, rather than the use of a button closure……


ENGENE BLOUSE 6


And as I was due to wear it the day after the tragic events which took place in Norway, it seemed fitting to show my support in some way or other, so I wore my little Norge bow for a week on other clothing – it just seemed right at the time…..


And with that, I’m off to continue on some ‘development’ ideas I have rushing around my head – once I get started, I just get lost in the moment!




Many thanks for dropping by!


Stor klem og ha en god helg alle sammen!





Mxx

2 comments:

  1. Just came in to your lovely blog and really fell in love with your beautiful clothes. Are your making them all by yourself? They are really lovely...

    Regards
    /Vivvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear, thanks for dropping by!

    Yes, it's just little old me knitting and sewing away to my hearts content!

    Glad to hear you like my wares and thank you so much for your lovely comments!

    Have a nice weekend!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete